Monday, February 18, 2013

The Honduras Tegucigalpa Temple


Feb. 18, 2013

On Tuesday I had the grand oprotunity of going to the open house of the Honduras Tegucigalpa Temple. It was truly an amazing experience. The temple is so beautiful. Im sure you have seen the pictures. Inside it is equally beautiful. The spirit is there. You know how the temple is. It is the best. It was interesting going through with investigators and all of the invites that the ward has made because they dont all understand the importance of the temple. They all love it though. Last week our ward sent 9 buses and about 500 people to the temple. I went on tuesday and on friday. They will be sending more buses in the next two weeks. I will be going with them always when we have investigators.

On Wednesday we had a training meeting for my two companions. It was for all of the Elders that had come into the mission over the past 2 months and their companions. There were about 80 missionaries there. We have been growing as you can tell. It was good to hear from president Hernandez though.

Elder Flamenco is no longer with us though. On Friday morning we got the call that he would be going to another area in our zone because someone went home a month early. So I still see him in danli, but he isnt with us anymore. It is probably better that way. We had a good 10 days together though.

Valentines day was this week. You can look back at the pictures that I sent you of all of the good stuff I got for valentines day last year in the mtc. Letters from girls, candy and junk food from family and friends. The hearts from moms students. Everything. Well this valentines day I got one card from mom... Haha dont worry im not sad or anything. I thought it was funny how different it was. I know mom sent me something in the mail too. It just hasnt gotten here yet. Im not in Tegicugalpa anymore so the mail takes a little longer. Im not that concerened with mail anymore though. I havent written a letter in a month and I have recieved a ton. Im so behind.

Well I love you all. Have a wonderful week


Love Elder Comstock


No comments:

Post a Comment