Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bye Bye 30 de Julio


Feb. 4, 2013

Ah this week has been crazy. It was my last week in the 30 of julio. My last week with Elder Sotelo. And my last chance to baptize here. I will telll you how it went.

The first investigator is named Alicia. She is our next door neighbor and we started talking to her while she was washing clothes next door because its right by our pila. She was looking for the true church and she found it. She progressed quickly and agreed to be baptized last friday. She had a problem though from her past and had to talk to President before getting baptized. But he was out of town and we couldnt get ahold of him because my comp used all of our phone minutes making calls to people he doesnt need to talk to. It was ok though. I prayed that we would figure something out this weekend.

The other investigator. Victoria. I started working with her about 4 or 5 months ago. She lived with Jose Luis, a less active member. They were not married. at first they didnt progress, so I left them when Elder Ruiz left. At christmas time I went back to see how they were doing and this time they wanted to progress. They came to church and agreed to get married. So their date was the wedding on saturday and her baptism on sunday morning before church. So we got that all ready for them.

When friday came Alicia still hadnt talked to president so she wasnt baptized. There was still hope for sunday with Victoria though. So we got to the wedding on Saturday night and Elder Clay ( one of the APs that is in my ward) showed up and told me that president could talk to alicia. So she was going to be ok. We just had to marry Victoria so she would be alright. The wedding went really well though. So everything was ready for Sunday morning.

They both were baptized on Sunday. It was beatiful. Do you remember how I told you that it is supposedly harder to baptize in the city than in the south. And then I told you I dont care what other missionaries say and I was going to do my best anyways. With those 2 baptisms, I had more here in la 30 than in Guapinol. I feel very good about that.

This wednesday is the change. I am going to miss these people. Im going to miss them bad. But I am ready to go work in a new area and ready for a new companion. I will find out tomorrow night! Another crazy thing is that I didnt even think about the super bowl yesterday until I got home and was laying in my hamock. I forgot about it with all of the crazy stuff going on. It all worked out for me. Also another crazy thing is that I finished the Bible today. The whole thing. And thats it. Wish me luck with the changes. The temple open house starts on friday for the public so I should be able togo soon! I love you all.

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment