Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Danli

Feb. 11, 2013

Well the last few days in the 30 were sad. I will always remember all of those people forever. A few days before the changes I asked the APs what my changes were going to be. They didnt want to tell me anything, but I got a little out of them. They told me I was going to be outside of Teguc and with 2 latin missionarys in a trio. I didnt believe them because It sounded like a lie. But sure enought when Elder Reyes called me with my changes he told me I would be training 2 latins and opening and area in la zona Danli. I was shocked!

So I went to the trainer meeting on Wednesday morning to see who my companions were going to be. President then anounced, "Elder Comstock, sus compaƱeros son Elder Lopez y Elder Flamenco." I went and hugged them and we sat back down. Everyone was a little suprised because it is not very common that someone trains 2 people at once, and opening a new area.. I had only heard of 1 other instance. Elder Evans from my mtc room is doing the same thing. Anyways President sent us out to the Eastern part of Honduras to open an area called Bella Vista B.

Opening an area is when it is a brand new area. I didnt know anyone here when we got here. We share a ward with 2 other Elders and they had found us a house in our side of the ward so at least we had a house. But other than that I didnt know anyone. Niether did my 2 companions fresh out of the MTC haha. It has been quite the weekend. It has been really fun though. We already know a ton of members and have meals and stuff. The place had had missionaries before so there are members. Now we are just the ones coming back into the area.

Elder Lopez is from Mexico. My 2nd mexican comp. He is a cool guy. He is really excited to work and I can tell that he is going to be a good missionary. He already is actually. Elder Flamenco is from Honduras San Pedro Sula. He is waiting on his visa so that he can go to Mexico to serve his mission. I expect him to be here at least 2 or 3 months for how long the visas take, so I am his trainer. It has been really cool being with them. Here when someone is training the missionaries call the trainers the dads and the new guys the kids. I had twins! But the funny part is they are like little kids. They are innocent and fun. They havent been exposed to all of the difficulties of the mission yet so they are helping me to be more excited about the work. It feels good after the 3 months I had with Elder Sotelo.

Lastly you should know that I am very happy. This new situation isnt the easiest, and will get tougher possibly. But that is ok. We already have investigators that want to get baptized so now we just need to get them to church and teach them to start off hot in this new area. We will be going to the Temple tomorrow and on friday with them. I am so stoked. I love you all family. Thank you for all of the support that you give me.

Love Elder Comstock

 


 
 Making pancakes
 This is one of my very most FAVORITE pictures of Jordan from his mission!!!!
In this little girl I see how all the people of Honduras feel about
my son.  :)
 The Zone in Danli
 I don't really know what this is.  Maybe it is a list of things Jordan likes?!?!?!
 
 
 Jordan and his new companions.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a great kid; Ole Jesse James. So fun to read his letters and feel The Spirit. Only 11 more months--WHOOT WHOOT!

    ReplyDelete