Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Have Good News!

Dec. 10, 2012

March 17th. St Patricks day 2013 will be the best day in the history of Honduras. The Temple of the Lord will be dedicated that day! They just announced it in church on Sunday. Needless to say, I am stoked! The open house will begin on Febuary 4th and run until the first week of March. I cannot wait to see the inside of that building. Now the slightly bad news... Changes are on the 19th of december. I dont think I will get changed, its more likely that I will be in this area 6 months just like Guapinol, so that would mean one more change. And those changes are the first week of febuary. So whether I get changed in 9 days or 2 months, I will get changed before the temple. And my fear is to get changed to an area outside of Tegucigalpa. There are 11 zones in the mission. 5 in Teguc, 4 in the south, and 2 in the east. So 5 close to the temple, and 6 far away. I know that wherever president sends me is where I need to be, but I still would love to be in the city for the open house and dedication.

That was the good news of this week. I am thrilled needless to say. But it is also 2 months away, so I have a lot of work to do in waiting. The time really does fly because there is something exciting every month to look forward too. October was confrerence. Nov my bday. December christmas. Jan 1 year! Feb. open house, march dedication, and april conference once again. So I can always focus in on what is close ahead and not get caught thinking about the Temple dedication when I still have christmas to look forward to. And right now I cant even be focusing on Christmas because I have the mission Christmas party to look forward to on Wednesday this week and a baptism this friday as well. So I am staying busy. and that is good.

I went on Divisions with Elder Lopez to his area this week and I learned something cool that can help us all, and especially my siblings. We saw a video of an 18 year old indian boy who climbed a mountain to see what he could do. He was strong and made it all the way to the top and it looked marvolous to him. But at the top of the mountain there was a snake. And the snake said to him, take me down the mountain with you. He said no, your a snake, and you can hurt me. But the snake promised him he wouldnt hurt him and persuaded him to take him down the mountain. When they got to the bottom the boy set the snake down and as snakes do, the snake bit him. As he was on the ground in pain, he said why? you promised me. The sanke replied. You knew who I was when you picked me up, and you knew the danger that I was capable of inficting. The video then goes on to explain how that relates to us. When we are presented by sin, we usually can tell it is bad. We say no, why would I do that. But subtly satan tricks us into reasoning that things are ok. And we pick up the snake anyways. But why would I pick up a snake if I know that it is going to bite. me. We have to ask ourselves the same question. The simple question, and not try to reason and make it ok. And if we do that we can stay away from sin. Anyways I love you family. Thank you for all of your continual suportive love.

 The "pila" or bathroom sink. 
Some pictures of Jordan's apartment.
He said he gets up in the morning and turns the water in the shower to warm it up.  He waits like 45 minutes and then turns it on and fill up the bucket and then uses the bowl to pour water on his body to shower.  Crazy!





Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment