Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ah, Ya... 9 Lettters This Week!!!

Jan. 21, 2013

This last week begun with interviews with president Hernandez. We have them every 3 weeks or so. I was very happy to have interviews. I was planning on complaining a little about my companion and asking him for advice. But It didnt quite go like that. He started by asking me my goals for the next year and I shared them with him. We talked a little about that. After that we talked a little about christlike attributes and such. Instead of asking me about the problems ive had with my companion he just told me he knew it has been a trial, but that I have done a really good job with it. At that point I felt like I didnt need to ask him for help If he already thinks Im doing a good job. So I didnt complain or cry or anything. He did promise me that I would be getting changed to a new area in 2 weeks though. The changes are the 5th or 6th of Febuary.

Yesterday I had a pleasant suprise in church. During sacrament meeting Elder Jensen walked in. My good friend from the first of the mission. His companion was invited to a dinner at presidents house for missionaries who will be ending the mission next month, so they got on a bus really early (they are about 2 hours away from teguc) and came to my ward since that is where the APs are. We then got to eat lunch together after. It was really cool because I hadnt seen the guy in a very long time. Another cool thingthat happened this week was that I got 9 letters. I think its a record for me. Including from dad and madee and daves fam and jill. plus 5 other friends. It was really cool. It was friday when I got the letters and I was in divisions with Elder Reyes. We had a relaxed night tossing my lighted football from Grandma and Granpa and talking about life. He is a cool guy. He will be at BYU idaho after. Of my 8 transfers in the mission we have been in the same zone for 6.


The best part of the week though was the baptism on saturday. Delsi got baptized at the last second. We had planned her baptism for saturday, but on wednesday she said that she was moving and couldnt be baptized. That was disapointing. But on friday she told us that she would be here awhile longer and wanted to get baptized. So we baptized her. If she does move I will talk to the elders where she is gonning to live so they will take care of her. Her testimony was cool though becase she talked about how this new years eve was the first one in a long time that she didnt drink. She used to love drinking over the holidays, but she said this year it wasnt even a temptation. I was proud of her.

I love you Family!


Love Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment