Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Back 9!

Jan. 7, 2013

I will start this email with new years eve. My companion was talking to our neighbor for a really long time, so I had to stay up and keep an eye on him. I was glad I stayed up until 12 though because it was really cool. Everyone here is obsessed with fireworks on new years eve, so the whole city of Teguc started blowing everything up at 12. I had fireworks exploding over my head, as well as from my back deck I could see like 10 firework shows from all over teguc. It was quite the show. Unlike anything that I have ever seen. And as I sat there watching the show, eating the gummy bears that you sent me, and pondering 2012. And I realized I was a missionary the whole year. And I felt really really good about it.

Also from new years I got a cool present. We did a gift exchange with a family that we know and jeny, the lady I baptized in november got my name. So she gave me a cool new bag for my scriptures. It isnt my favorite bag design or anything, but the fact that she gifted it to me was special. I always use it now. Elder Reyes also gave me a cool Miami Heat jersey that he found here. It was free for him and it is a legit nba jersey. He just doesnt like the heat so he gave it too me. It was a good gift.

Jan 4th. 2013. I woke up. I realized Ive been a missionary for a year. I gave thanks to God for the year he gave me and the year I still have. I studied. We went to a zone conference. And after the zone conference we did exactly what you did. We went to chilis to celebrate. And you better believe that we ate salsa ranch. I went with Elder Dockendorf as we joyfuly shared our year mark together. A bunch of other missionaries from the zone went as well. It was a good day. I actually didnt even spend the afternoon in my area, cuz I had to do a baptismal interview. So I was with Elder Thompson in his area. Anyways it was a good day.

Im officially playing the back 9 of the mission. I feel the exact same as the last week. Im just gonna keep moving along here. Thank you for your loving support from the last year. We got one more to go!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment