Thursday, July 19, 2012

Visitor from the 70


Wow this week has been crazy. Ive spent the majority of my time in busses going all over southern Honduras to get these marriges done. And we arent even done yet. It is a little stressful with the baptisms coming up this Saturday. I have to be patient though because I am in a bus waiting for so much time, so it doesnt do any good to dwell on whats going on. We just are being positive right now. I think that both of the couples are going to get married and baptized but the rush is to get it done before Saturday because it is my comps last baptism. I want to get it for him. He has made me a little crazy at times but I love the guy. He really is a good missionary and I am grateful to have him.
We had a zone conference this Wednesday and Elder Falobela from the 70 was there for us. It was a really great conference. I learned alot from Elder Falobela. He stressed the importance of us white guys helping our comps from central America learn English. I had never thought much about that before, but it does say in Preach my Gospel that all missionaries should study English. He talked about how it is the best thing we can do to bless the lives of our companions because it gives them such a better chance for work and a better life when they get home. It is very true. I try to speak english with my comp sometimes but he usually says I dont understand man as the reply haha. He is already goin home so its too late to teach him too much but In the future I want to study English with my latin comps to help them with that.
Right now I am just trying to get these baptisms ready, and prepare for when I have to lead my area in 10 days. I want to have some investigators and families already when I get my new comp next Wednesday. I want to keep baptizing because it feels so good to have the baptisms. I dont want to have to start all over again with my area when my comp leaves. So right now is working towards next change too. It should be a crazy week and I should have some great stories next Monday if everything goes good this week. Wish me Luck.


Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment