Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lots of Questions and Answers

Hey there!
I love you family. My week was amazing. We baptized Miguel and Evelynn on Saturday! It was awesome. The baptism made all of the sweat, heat, dirt, misunderstanding the spanish of others, stomach problems, eye problems, culture shock, lazy comp, and other problems worth it. I didnt say all of those problems to complain. I really love it here. It is just like normal life for everyone, we all of problems and we all find ways to deal with them. We also all have things that make it ok, and for me that was that baptism, and the other baptisms we have scheduled in the coming weeks. Sunday was beautiful as well, because we had the 2 confirmations and we had a family attend church that has a baptismal date. That is exciting for missionaries down here. And we had 10 kids in seminary on Sunday, that was a record! It was an amazing weekend.
Today we had a beach activity as a zone in the morning. Now that was fun! We played soccer and ate shrimp, and didnt swim, because we cant. I will send you some pictures of that today. I will send all of my pics from the past couple of weeks. Other cool things, ummm.. elder jensen and I caught a frog the other night and that was pretty scetchy because i guess they are super poisonous, but it was in my house so we had to get it out. We set up a trap and tried to hit it with a broom into it but that didnt work, it just puffed up and threatend us with its venom, but then we poured some foot powder on it and it jumped right into our trap. It was pretty cool. Im sorry if im freaking mom out with this letter, my problems really arent that bad, and the frog really isnt that poisinous haha.
moms questions.

 Will you all get together on Wednesday like everyone did when your group came? I dont understand this question completly, but there are changes every six weeks, (this wednesday) and thats when people change comps. Most likely I will stay with Elder Guillen because he is my trainer
Have you seen Elder Oveson at all? I havent seen him since changes 6 weeks ago, but there is a training meeting next month i think and ill see him there.
Did you end up baptizing those kids this week?YES!!
Do you sleep in that hamock you sent pictures of or is it just for relaxing? Just relaxing, I have a bed, but I think I will purchase a hammock today.
Is it yours or was it in the apartment when you got there? because it is Elder Carters who lives with us, and he is going home this week because his 2 years are up, so I need to buy a hammock so that I can chill in one
Have you been feeling o.k.? Yes. My eyes were irritated on tuesday but I talked to the nurse and she told me not to wear my contacts for the rest of my mission because the air here is too dirty. It will be tough not to use them, but she is right and I dont want my eyes to hurt again so Im just gonna pack those away.
Are you still enjoying the food? Usually. I like when they give me fish on the plate and it still has its fins and eyes and stuff. It tastes super good.
Do you get much mail? No, but noone does, Its mostly emails because mail is so inconsistend down here. Like Lindsey Hulet said she sent me a letter the week I got here but I havent seen it. But I got a letter from the Jordan family (thank you) that was addressed April 1st so that shows the inconsistency.
Do you wish we would write letters instead of just emails? Study up more on the last general conference and you will find the answer to that question.


I love you all and I hope you have great week.














The big frog!

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment