Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Teaching and Serving








Hey Family!
It has been a long and hot week. It is pretty much the hottest time of the year here and i´m in one of the hotter areas of the mission. In a couple of weeks it will be the Semana Santa, which is like their spring break, and thats supposed to be the hottest time of the year. I´m excited for that.... I have been having fun down here. It is different, and it is difficult. I don´t know much else how to describe it. I really can talk with my comp fine and he says my spanish is fine but it feels like its not sometimes. The other people here are very difficult to understand, and that makes it hard to talk to them because I don´t know what they are talking about. It is getting better every day though.I am surving.
We haven´t had very much success in our area so far. It is hard because we don´t actually live there. I think we might try to find a house out in Guapinol. We found a good family this week but we haven´t seen them since Friday because Saturday my comp was sick, Sunday was a regional conference for Central America, and today we can´t go to our area. It makes it hard to stay in touch and see investigators everyday. We spend a lot of time trying to get members to come to church as well. The culture here is very lazy and a lot of people just don´t go to church. I had an awesome time teaching some little member kids, Selene and Christian, some book of mormon stories the other day, I think I sent a picture of that. That day was a really tough one but it was all ok after I got to teach those little kids. We have to invite a lot to get attendance in Seminary too. If we don´t go to their house and invite them they won´t come, just like the adults with church. The church down here is not very orginized sometimes. It is so different from home, like a whole another world down here. The members are so nice and so giving though. I have way too much food given to me. Its not even like that much food, I just haven´t been as hungry down here. My comp is though so he usually helps me finish while the members are in the other room if I can´t haha.
Right now i´m definatly just trying to find ways to be a more sucessful missionary in Guapinol. It is a difficult area, but we need to do more to be up to the challenge. I love Elder Guillen. Its hard sometimes though because of how he is so acustumbed to the latin relaxed style of living. He likes to talk to people for a very long time, and I just want to get goin. I need to be more patient with him haha. He has been out here for a long time too so it is understandable. I went to the beach this week too as you can see from the picture. I hope you get all of the pictures. I love you all so much. Have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment