Sunday, July 1, 2012

Singing the Hymns

Hey Family,
This last week was definetly much quicker than the previous. we are now into a rythm and just rollin along. sorry i'm not typing capital letters because my keyboard is not cooperating. anyways everyday this week pretty much felt the exact same. Every day is oddly similar. I still am enjoying it though, don't get me wrong. one think that is difficult is patience. some of the other elders in my district don't focus very well and i honestly want to scream at them. i haven't so that is good, but i would like to focus better myself, and it would help if they would be quiet. either way i can't make them do anything so i am just doing my best. i am also doing my best to speak in spanish "todo dia cada dia" (all day every day) but that is really difficult. I can't even remember anything I've learned when I try to think about what to say, but when I just have a conversation It will sometimes come out of nowhere and that is great. i want to learn faster than we are and i feel like some of the other elders in my district are contempt with where we are. i want to be able to speak in spanish well the day i get off the plane, not 6 or 7 months into the mission. i know that is going to be hard but i know i can do it too.
this week in our devotional we did not get an apostle but it was still good. i really enjoying singing in the choir. it is easily my favorite part of the week because even though we sing sometimes as a district it is in spanish that we havent learned and the choir just sounds much better. i don't hate spanish singing though. i had a nice experience where during personal study one of the zone research teachers came into our class room and was going to help us with some spanish but it was dead quiet so he didnt want to disturb our reading. so he started singing hymns in spanish. he was amazing so it became nice music to study too. but i realized that the spanish language is beautiful when used correctly. i can't wait to use it correctly asap haha.
we started teaching new practice investigators this week and it is tough. i feel like i am saying less in the lessons than when we started and that is sad because i know more spanish now. i didn't realize how hard this was going to be in another language but i know i can do it.
I still see cedar city missionaries allover here and that is nice. Matt baliueu came in yesterday and i saw him. i am way stoked for bonzo. germany is going to be so awesome for him. im starting to get to know some of the other elders in the zone better too. one has a scholarship to play slot reciever at byu so thats cool.
i hope everyone is doing well. i love getting the individual letters from all of you because it makes it so i get more letters:) I have gotten a decent amount of mail including bread from the botcherbys, and cookies from kadens mom! the letters from the fam are the best though. sorry i can't make these emails more personal to you all, it is just difficult when they only give us 30 min. i will try to write as many letters as i can, without letting mail distract me from what im supposed to be doing. anyways love you all, can't wait to hear from you! feel free to put anything you think id like in the package, but make sure the sweatshirt and pictures from the night before i left and day i left are in there please. thank you so much.
Love Elder Comstock

My district

It is so great to see the friends I went to HS with in the MTC.




No comments:

Post a Comment