Sunday, July 1, 2012

2 of the 12 Apostles Spoke This Week!

Mom and Elder Oveson's Mom.  :)


 The view of the football stadium we see on our way back from the temple every Thursday.




Hello Family,
It has been another week. They feel short, but they feel full. It doesn't really make sense. But i'm about halfway out of here so that is interesting to think about. I feel like the spanish is horrible, but my  teachers always say I am making a lot of progress so I guess I will just have to believe them. On Thursday for the 50th anneversary we did not have a speaker from the 1st presidency. Instead we had 2 apostles. Elders Nelson and Holland came and spoke to us for the cellabration. It was an incredible night. I am able to feel the spirit here a lot. In fact I feel it todo dia cada dia as long as I am focused and not messing around. I seriously feel like some of the missionaries here are  12 years old. They laugh at everything. They say it is because they have been here so long and its driving them crazy so they can't help it. I still am able to focus without acting 12. I just wish they would act more like missionaries. That is what Elder Holland spoke about. He said that we need to honor the title of missionary that so many people in those 50 years has had before us. I don't know if everyone here understands that. There is nothing I can do but act as much like a missionary as I can, so thats what I will do I guess.
I've been getting frustrated lately about teaching because my confidence is gone. Courtney mustve stolen it. I think it is the fact that I am doing it in another language, but I am working hard to gain the confidence to do it better. Without confidence noone is going to listen.
Anyways I'm glad mom was able to meet Elder Ovesons mom. That was a cool picture. I'm still working on getting some pictures home. Thanks for the magazine article as well. Thanks for the letter Dad. and Courtney got me a Dear Elder this week that i loved. I miss ones from Whit and Madee though! I've been getting a lot of mail from my Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles. As well as friends. I feel blessed with my mail. My compainon gets like 7 pages of Dear Elders a night, but they are always from the same 3 people. I'm grateful to have some diversity in my mail. Thank you.
Some questions you all have had, I will answer.
Mom I have 2 three hour class periods 4 days out of the week. The other days are pday, sunday, and tuesday devotionals instead of class. In class we have investigators that we teach, do language instruction, and teaching instruction. It Is a lot to cover. My companion and I also teach a lot of lessons. We have about 5 a week but we find 5 more from other teachers and missionaries usually during a normal week. It is good practice. We eat 3 times a day. We have gym almost every day. We have TALL which is a computer language learning program. We have about 3 or 4 hours to study what we need to. thats a normal day. On pdays we go to the Temple. I got a haircut on pday today, so that was nice.
I hope everyone has a nice week. I will for sure here. Now that its the back 9 I will have to try hard not to count the days, but to make the days count. Love you
Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment