Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Easter!
Well except they don´t celebrate that here. They´ve been celebrating Jesus all week long, but instead of worshiping him they all go to the beach. That is what they did all week. It was honestly a difficult week. Our area was a ghost town because they were all down the road at the beach. We do have 2 baptisms set up for Saturday though. These two kids Evylynn and Miguel. They are living with their Grandmother right now and they have been coming to church and have decided to get baptized. We are happy to help! The sad thing is the other families that we teach that express their intrest in following Christ and baptism but are M.I.A. on Sundays at Church so they can´t get baptized. I will continue to work hard for them, and try to help my companion want to work hard for them as well. He is starting to see the finish line now that he only has 2 months left, so I have to try hard to keep him focused. I´m not with him today though. He went to Teguc with one of our ZL´s at 3 oclock this morning to buy some books for Guapinol. So i´m with our other ZL Elder Wilkinson right now. We played some soccer on some nice turf fields earlier today. They were really little, but it still made me think about all of those turf field games I played in St George.
This week we had interviews with President Hernandez. I really like President Hernandez, He is simple and to the point with things, very focused and so far I have really liked the 2 interviews I have had with him. His wife mentioned the card you sent her Mom, she loved it. They thought it was very nice of you. Other fun things that happened this week... It rained! It rained hard! On last Tuesday night we were about to leave dinner at a Members when we heard thunder. Within the next 5 min we were running through Monjaras trying to get home as fast as we could. It was raining 10 times harder than it does in Utah. When we got back it sounded like bullets on our roof because our roof is made of metal. It was random though. In a few weeks the rainy season will start and then it will be wet like that all of the time. Its going to be tough. Also we went to a ward party in Monjaras on Friday night and one of the activities was shoot on Elder Comstock and if you win you get a cookie. So all of these little niños were lined up to take shots on me. Everyone thuroughly enjoyed it because soccer is so big here, and the adults eventually got involved. It was a fun night.
Well it was a tough but fun week. I feel like that is a theme of the mission. Difficult but amazing. It is hard to explain, you have to be here to get it haha. I really am enjoying it though, I feel like you all should know that. I know I´m supposed to be here and you know I am too so don´t worry about me! Everything Is Cheke here. Cheke is like their word for good in Honduras. No one else in any other Country uses it. I love you all so much! Have an awesome week!


Love, Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment