Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Temple Dedication


                                                                                                                    March 18, 2013
Well, as you all know, the Temple here was dedicated yesterday. It was quite the experience. The whole week has been a long experience. I will tell you about it. On tuesday I had to go to Tegucigalp for a leadership training. All of the district and zone leaders where invited. I was hoping maybe Elder Holland would show up but he wasnt here yet. We had a good meeting though. Our mission is really going to have an incredible month this month. Our zone already has had 20 baptisms and we still have 2 weekends left. The other zones are doing well too.

On Thursday I had to go back to Teguc. It is a 2 hour drive from Danli. I had to go with Elder Garcia, moms friends son, because one of his companions got sent to the city and I had to go so he didnt go home alone. It was a fun little trip. It included a dennys run. But no Elder Holland. 

Friday was an amazing day because we had a baptism! Christian was baptized! He is a 19 yr old young man with a member girlfriend. Obviously she helped us a little bit with him. He was baptized and confirmed on friday because we werent going to have sacrament meeting on sunday. He is still learning a lot and isnt sure if he would want to go on a mission. But zack was the same way when he first got baptized and look where he is. So I see a bright future for Christian.
 
Saturday was the cultural celebration. That was really amazing. We watched it at the stake center in Danli. No missionaries were invited. We enjoyed it though. I especially enjoyed seeing the youth from my old ward and branch preform. I was really proud of them. I even saw one of my seminary students from Guapinol! But all on the big screen because we didnt get to go to Teguc. It was actually a very moving preformance. At the end when they were all singing Families can be together forever they all started crying. That brought a tear or 2 to my eye. I wrote another cool part of the preformance in a letter that I will send soon so you will just have to wait to learn more.

The dedication was on sunday. The temple was dedicated in 3 sessions. I participated in all 3 because they were all different. I was in the stake center in Danli. It was a very memorable and spiritual day. President Uctdorf and Elder Holland gave very very good talks, as well as the area presidency. I sat by Christian in one of the sessions and that was cool because he was able to go. I actually had one of the most spiritual moments of my life during the dedication. It was very special to get to share that experience with this country that I have grown to love.

As you can tell, It was an amazing week! I loved it. We have many good times ahead as well. Changes are this week so I already have been 6 weeks in Danli. I dont think I will get changes but Ive heard some rumors that I might so who knows. Only president and the Lord I guess. I would be a little sad to have to leave already though so lets hope not. I love you all so much. thanks for everything!

Love Elder Comstock




No comments:

Post a Comment