Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Today is Saturday. I Have a New Calling

***Note from Mom:  So there I was sitting on the couch playing on my ipad and Whitney walks in and says did you get Jordan's email?  What?!?!?!?  I SAY.  Today is Saturday.  Why would there be an email from Jordan?  Whitney says "I don't know but I just saw that there was."  So immediately I check my email and yes this email was in my inbox!!!!  I am so proud of my son.  A simple boy from little ole Cedar City, Utah is doing such great things in a far away land!!!                                     

Today is Saturday, and it is my new pday. I will quicky explain to you why.

On thursday night we were anxioiusly awaiting change calls. We expected for the APs to call us and tell us that one of us would be leaving and the other staying. But we didnt know who would stay and who would go. We got a call at about 830,  but it wasnt from the APs, it was from President Hernandez. I answered the phone call and asumed that he would want to talk to Elder Reyes to call him as the next AP. Elder Reyes is the best missionary I know and he has been a ZL for about 5 changes so I thought it was time for him. To my suprise President began talking to me and asking me some simple questions about me and my mission. He then proceeded to tell me that he had considered me to be his next assistant and he asked me if I was willing to accept that resposibility. I was awestruck. I never saw it coming. I told him yes. He then told me thank you and that I would find out who my new companion is the next day.  So long story short, I am now AP.

I will now tell you why it was so suprising to me. First of all, I had only  been a zl for 2 changes and that isnt that long of a time. and second, The AP area has always been la 30 de julio. My 2nd area. I was there for 6 months and I just started month 7. I could spend half of my mission in that ward. I am happy about that though. I love them so much. I will get to help some of  my converts that are not doing so well and find some new ones. I am happy, but suprised.

On wednesday we went to changes and I met my new companion Elder Quevedo. We are both new APs. We are in a Trio with Elder Folsom, the current AP, until july 2nd when he goes home. He is showing us what we need to do. We are 3 for the rest of the month, but that is fine because Elder Folsom is helping us a lot. We have a lot to get done. Elder Quevedo is from Canada. His parents are from Peru though. His first language is French, then spanish, then english. He is from quebec. He is an incridible missionary.  Elder Folsom is about to finish and he is going home 3 weeks early because he plays football for Montana State. He needs to get ready for this fall.  

After changes on wednesday we took the 10 Elders that were going home this change to the Temple. I finally got to do a session in the temple. I have to tell you that that was an amazing experience. I loved it so much. It was different in spanish but I understood it all and technicaly they say all of the same things so I was fine. It was a good chance to pray for help and strength to fufill all of the responsiblities that I now have. After the temple we had dinner at presidents house with the elders that were going home. Elder Garcias family was there so mom can ask her how that went. It was cool though. That night Elder Gonzalez from our stake talked to president rau on the phone and was released as a missionary. He is visiting his mom in mexico for a month and after that will be going back to suu in the fall. You can say hi to him in a month or so. I wish I couldve talked to president rau though. 

Thursday was crazy as well. We took those 10 Elders to the airport. I had not been to the airport since last march. It was wierd being there. I had to say goodbye to Elder Adams there. That was sad. The other elders were my friends too. I will miss them. I suppose that I will be going to the airport a lot over the next few months though so I will be used to it before i go home!

Friday we had a meeting with president hernandez in the morning for a coulple of hours. He told us exactly what he expects of us as his assistants. He wants us to work. He doesnt want us to be in the office that much. He wants us to go and work in our area and go on splits with the rest of the mission. He wants us to verify with everyone to see how they are. He wants us to train the zls and the dls so that they can train the rest of the mission. We have a lot of work to do. He also gave me a blessing and that was very special. I am ready to do this. I know that it will be difficult but I know that the Lord will help me do this. I will contiune to appriciate all of your prayers. Dont just pray for me though. Pray for this entire mission. We are getting better every month and I dont want that to stop. I love you family. Thank you for all of your love and support. Write back if you read this right now!


Love, Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment