Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!!


                                                         June 22, 2013
The past week flew by for me. Sunday was really cool going back to the 30 for the first time. The people were happy to see me there. I was happy to see them as well. It has been fun being back for the first week. Monday was interesting too because we spent most of the day in the office. That was different for me. We had a meeting with president hernandez in the morning and we started to plan a training meeting for friday. We spent the rest of the day until 3 oclock at the office preparing for the training meeting. After that we went out to our area to work. It was a little different working on a monday, but it was fine. It is no longer pday for me.

On Tuesday our companion Elder Folsom went down to the south to see how some elders are doing down there. I went out to an area called el hatillo that is far into the mountains of Teguc, and elder Quevedo stayed in our area. It is nice having 3 of us to be able to go to so many different areas. El hatillo was so far away and poor. They are starting a new branch up there so It was good to go and get to know the area. It will be a difficult one, but they can get it going. 

On thursday we did divisions again. I went to my area with Elder Lawson and Elder Quevedo went to the Travesia with Elder Reyes. I was just there a week ago so I sent my companion up there. He had been in that ward too so we know everyone in this stake. It was a good day though. We are doing divisions at least 2 times a week right now to work with as many elderes as possible. I think we are doing a good job so far.

Yesterday was the training meeting that we had been preparing for. We invited all of the District Leaders and Zone Leaders to a meeting and told them what they are expected to do. When I was a distrtict leader nobody ever told me what to do, I just did what I thought was right. We decied to tell them right from the start what was expected of them so that they dont have to waste as much time figuring it out as I did. There are a lot of new DLs and ZLs. They will do great though. The meeting went really well. I had a presentation and so did my companions. President and his wife spoke too. I think that they all learned a lot.

I wont write as many personal emails, but will add more detail in this one so that you all know. I now live in a nice house for the first time in my mission. We live there with the 4 office elders, so we are 7 in total right now. We have 3 rooms upstairs and 2 bathrooms with sinks and showers. On the main level there is a kitchen that is ok and a bathroom that doesnt have a shower. And we have a basement with a washing machine and a lot of extra matresses for when other missionaries need a place to sleep if they miss a bus or something. That is also our study area and we have a big whiteboard for the whole mission. I have upgraded in living and I am happy about that. I  love you all so much family. Thank you so much for all of your love and support. 

Love Elder Comstock

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky, it's been a while since I checked Jordan's blog, and I was so glad to see all the letters. WOW! He is doing awesome and I too am sooo proud of him. He'll be home quite soon. Is it 6 more months? SO fun. Kim

    ReplyDelete