Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mother's Day is Coming!!!!

We had our monthly meeting with president as Zone Leaders on friday this week. He addressed the skype issue. We do not have permission to use skype. I am sorry. It is not authorized in the mission. It wasnt presidents choice, but someone above him prohibited it. He said it was just for christmas. I will be calling you on sunday afternoon just like last mothers day. I am sorry to disapoint, but you know its not my fault and that the phone call will be great as well. I am excited about it. It snuck up pretty fast to be honest with you. But that is fine. I am sending a lot of pictures right now so I hope that makes up for not being able to skype!

We had changes on wednesday. I am still with elder Reyes which is great. We had about 5 changes in our zone, and I was sad to see them go. But they have great replacements so I think we will be fine. There are 2 new elders fresh out of provo. They are cool. One says that he went to suu for a semester. They are both 18 years old. We had an interesting change with the sisters as well. Since there are so many sisters now president had to make some sister leaders to go on divisions with them and help teach them. there are 3 companionships of sister leaders and one of them is in our zone. They are all stars. I am happy to have them on the team. Changes went really well for our zone.

On thursday we met as a zone and Elder Reyes and I taught them that there are 3 things we do in la zona Travesia. 1. we baptize. (which is something that this zone never did before) 2. We read the book of mormon as a zone. We asign 30 pages to every missionary every week. Betweem the 22 of us we are reading the entire book every week. It is helping us a lot to stay focused and have the spirit. It is helping the investigators too. 3. we are happy. Last change was one of my favorites and I know that this one will be great too. This is one of my favorite zones without a doubt. We have tons of fun and sucess. We get along. We are a family. I am very happy here. 

I will call you around 3 ocklock Honduras time. I think it is the same time as utah. I hope so at least. Make sure to have some questions ready and such. I will be happy to answer them. I love you all so much.

Love Elder Comstock
 
 
Note from Mom:
Jordan surprised me.  He emailed Mark on Wednesday of this week and told him that the President changed his mind and said the missionaries could SKPYE after all. :)
Sunday morning around 8 he called Mark.  I heard Mark say let me get your mother for you. I was thinking what?!?!?  Everyone that calls me Mom and I am able to talk to is in bed right now.  Mark handed me the phone and said "Your son would like to talk to you!"  BEST present!!  He said "Hi mom, happy Mother's Day.  I just wanted to be the first one to wish you a happy Mother's Day.  And tell you I will not be able to call until around 6.  I knew you would worry if you didn't hear from me at 3."  Then at 6:10 the phone rang.  Jordan said he was trying to surprise with the SKPYE but the computer he was going to use had not arrived yet so we could talk on the phone until it came.  When the computer arrived for him to use Mark hooked up our ipad to the TV.  It was just like Jordan was in the living room with us!  It was SOOOO GREAT.  Then when we hung up Jordan said to have dad give me his present.  He wrote me the most wonderful letter.  Oh, I am such a lucky mom.  :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment