Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Anti Nephi Lehiis

                                                                April 29, 2013
This change is coming to a close. It was without a doubt the fastest and one of the best of my mission. In the month of march our zone had a measly 6 baptisms. But that was normal for the travesia zone. This month we had 22. We did so much better. I think that it was the first time that this zone has ever had more than 20 baptsims. And of the 8 zones in the capital city, we had the most. I am so proud of the elders and sisters here. the last 6 weeks here has been so great with them. I will be sad to see some of them leave this wednesday. One is going home for good. Elder Lindblom. We have been in the same zone 3 times and he is flyin home on wednesday. I will miss him.

Today was also one of the best pdays that ive had out here. I will tell you why. We went on the waterfall hike up in valle de angeles. There are many people in our zone that hadnt done that so we wanted to take them up there since they did so well this month. We went on the hike, took some pictures, enjoyed ourselves. It was a good relaxing day. At the water fall we did something different though. I took my machete and a shovel and a capsule thing. We talked about the anti nefi lehis and what they did. We decided to write some things down that we could get better at and bury them. We all signed the machete and burried it as well. It was an unforgetable experience. I hope that it was as meaningful for them as it was for me. I will print that picture out next week and always have it as a reminder of what I burried. To keep it buried.

Elder Reyes and I also had a baptism on saturday. Her name is Arlin. She is a cleaning lady for the 1st councilor in the stake presidency. She started coming to church with them and liked it so we taught her. At first she was hesitant about baptism, but after a week she was really excited about it. We didnt know why she had that attitute change until the baptism. after she was baptized she stood up and shared that she didnt want to get baptized at first, but that she had an answer to her first prayer. That she felt it bursting out of her chest and she knew it was true. She shared that testimony through tears. Many others cried with her. It was powerful. I am proud of her. 

I love you family. 

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment