Wednesday, June 26, 2013

And This Too Shall Pass

                                                      June 2, 2013
This was not an easy week. I will be honest about that. To be honest, I am not in an easy area, but We had a really good pday today though. 

We told everyone to go to the church at 10 and to bring 2 fruits. I will tell you what those were for later. We started off by explaing that we were going to do 3 activites to help us put on the "armor of God" The first activity was some defense. We all did part of the p90x dvd Kenpo x. It was very very funny to watch the whole zone doing that disc. I took some videos of it. the second activity was a speed challenge. We had a competition to see who could eat 6 crackers fastest. Supposedly it was impossible to do it in less than a min. But I got 1 min 3 seconds. Another elder got it in 55. That was a record. The third competition involved the fruits. We all played live fruit ninja. We took a machete, threw the fruits in the air and cut them. It was very very funny. I loved it. So did the zone. The whole activity was a suprise for them. We can get together as a zone for pday once a month, and no more. President doesnt want the elders spending too much time with the sisters. Understandable. We had to do something different and cool thought to keep the zone happy.I know they enjoyed themselves.

My companion may be getting the call as ap this week. We will see. there will be a special meeting for zls on wednesday this week to anounce who the next 2 aps are because the current ones are going home. Elder Reyes is incredible though so I think he has a good shot at it. 

It has been raining all week, and it is raining right now. I love the rain and all, but this is not my ideal weather for the mission. It is raining more in the day time than it did last summer. Last summer inthe south it rained more, but mostly just at night. I liked that better. I am in a completly different part of the country right now though. I am fine though. We have a friend who is a taxi driver that is coming to get us right now. My companion left some stuff at the church( his money) so we have to go back and look for it. I will get on later and send a picture or 2 if we have time, but I cant promise you anything. I love you all so much. Happy Birthday DAD and WHITNEY!

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment