Sunday, October 27, 2013

220 Baptisms!




August 4, 2013


I had a good week this week. It was very busy.

On Monday we had all of the mission dats that showed us that we had 220 baptisms in our mission in july. That is the most that we have ever gotten in a month with only 4 sundays. So we did a good job. We are definetly getting better as a mission and we are getting closer to our bigger goals. 

On Wednesday we had our monthly meeting with the zls and the sister training leaders. The meeting is a lot bigger than it used to be. There used to only be 22 zls in the mission. Due to all of the growth of missionaries in our mission there are now 34. Plus 6 sisters that are in charge of the sisters. There is a lot of leadership in our mission. That is a good thing. I had to teach them something and I talked about goals and we set goals as a mission. I also talked about being realistic with our goals. That is something that our mission is not as good at right now. We are working on it though.

After the meeting I got in the truck and loaded 3 beds into the back. I drove them out to Danli with the zls from Danli. So we went for a road trip out to Danli. My companion stayed in Tegucigalpa to work with zls here in the city. We made it safely. It was a fun trip. That night we had a few hours to work but the power went out and we werent able to do much. 

Thursday we had zone meetings in Danli with the 2 zones out there. That went really well. Those are 2 really good zones. They seem to be ready to have a good month in August. We took some beds to the sisters house after the meeting. We helped some other sisters move after that. I had planned on being done with all of that around 4 to go to work with the missionaries. But it wasnt that easy. The truck alarm started going off and we tried everythingwe could possibly think of to get it to stop. I was with 2 elders who were educated about cars and they were not sure why the alarm was going off. We ended up disconnecting the entire alarm system because we couldnt get it to stop. The car has been fine since then, but we are still unsure about what happened. I guess that the same thing had happened a few months ago with the same truck. It is a nice truck, it just has that glitch I guess. I ended up having to drive the missionaries that helped me out to their area because they missed the bus. I wasnt back and working until 7. It was not how I had hoped to spend my day, but it happens.

Friday I got up and drove to la zona valle verde. That is one of the few zones that I had not been to before. It is a little district out in the east side of honduras made up of tiny branches. The missionaries are doing a good job out there. That is where elder meyer is. He leaves next week. He is so ready haha. I was with elder edwards all day and he is a really good guy. He came here on the plane with me. We had a good time with the work that we had to do. We actually found a new family and taught a new lesson and that felt good. We slept in hammoks last night. true hondurans

Today we got up and started our drive back to teguc. I am now back in the office. I made the trip safely. We prayed before each departure. I know that that helps protect us. Now I am having a normal boring pday on a saturday. It is a good break at least. I love you all family. Enjoy the last few weeks of summer. Love Elder Comstock


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment