Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Newbies Have Arrived AND I'm Coming Home!

This week was a crazy one. I was very very busy.

On Monday night I had to go to Presidents house at 8 to go over the changes that the mission was going to have. President actually asked us our opinions on a few changes. It was always his decision at the end of the day though. I now understand how we can assist him because we are a lot closer to the missionaries and we have a lot of information. We didnt finish the changes until about 11. We live close to president though so he went and dropped us off.

Tuesday morning we got in the Truck to go to the airport. We had a group of 12 sisters coming in at 930. 10 of them are from the usa. That is a record size of a group of sisters. They took awhile though because the airline from el salvador lost some bags. We helped them with that later though. We drove them back to presidents house and went straight back to the airport. It is kind of far from presidents house because it is part of the other mission.  We picked up the 8 elders that came in from provo. They were also all from the usa. So it was a large group of gringos. We took them home and they had a meeting all afternoon. We called the ZLs and gave the whole mission thier changes at 6. That was nice because the aps used to do it very late at night and there was no time to pack. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible. After that we had a welcome dinner with all of the new missionaries at presidents house. It is clear that these new missionaries are a blessing for our mission. They look a lot better than we were when we came haha. 

Wednesday morning was the big change meeting. We took all of the new missionaries to the stake center to start the meeting. I led the meeting and was able to share my testimony with them about how el libro de mormon helped me learn spanish. My companion shared his testimony too. I then had to translate Hermana Hernadez and Presidents talks for the new missionaries. That was funny. I forgot a word or 2 in english. We got them all thier new companions and sent them off to their new areas. In the afternoon we took the missionaries that will be going home before september to the temple. That includes Elder Tarver, Meyer, Jones, and Stone. Some of my best friend on the mission. So I drove them to the temple and we did a session in the afternoon. That really helped me relax with all of the stress that I had from the craziness of the week. We had a dinner that night with their group as well at presidents house. I took Elder Tarver to the airport the next day. He is now with his family.

Speaking of going home. I should be home around the 23rd of December. That is the release date that President Hernandez gave me when I talked to him about school and everything. I know that mom was dying to hear that while reading this email. So I will be home within the next 5 months. The time is getting shorter... I will take advantage of it I promise. Thanks for everything family. I love you all so much.

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment