Friday, July 26, 2013

Back To The South

July 20,2013


I spent most of last week in southern Honduras. It was such a good trip. I was able to work with 3 different zones and see how they were doing. The south is supposted to be the part of the mission that baptizes the most. They are doing a good job. It is known for the heat.

The first day was spent in a zone called San Lorenzo. That is the hottest zone in the mission. It was a hot day. We drove down with president to the south and he dropped me off with the zls (Elder Vorwaller and Torres) in SL. Elder Vorwaller is actually from Parker Colorado. He said that he didnt know Grandma and Grandpa though. Maybe they know his parents. We got to ride bikes all day. That was new and different for me. They are like the only zone that has bikes. Lucky them. We saw a circus there and took pictures of some of the animals on the side of the road. We helped the sisters move houses. We taught a good lesson. It was a sucessful day.

The second day I went to la zona Monte Carlo with my old friend Elder Dockendorf. He is the Zone leader in that zone That was a fun day. We went out to the brand new area that he is opening. He is breaking records of mission stats with investigators in church and lessons taught. It is a place that has litteraly never had much religion. It is very remote, but he is seeing sucess there. We enjoyed our divisions.

The third day was in la Zona Iztoca with my roomate from the mtc, Elder Evans. He is the zone leader there. We got hit by a crazy rain storm. It was raining sideways. It is a good thing that I had to go to the bathroom and we went to the house 5 min befor it started raining. We got lucky. We had district meeting that day with brownies that are delicious. 

Yesterday I got back to Teguc and to my pleasant supprise our truck was ready. Our finacial secretery Elder Peterson came to pick us up and took us to the toyota shop to pick up Presidents car that was getting worked on too. I drove Presidents car back to his house. The toyota shop is in the comayaguela mission, so I didnt really know the way back. We drove around for a few minutes and found our way. It was funny.  It was a great week though. And we have 3 baptisms planned for tonight so it should end well. They are 3 girls that we have been teaching. Wish me luck! I love you all so much!

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment