Sunday, October 27, 2013

Letter to Grandma and Grandpa as they prepare for their mission.

August  18, 2013


Grandpa and Grandma,
I am very happy to hear that you will be enterning the MTC so soon. I hope that you are as excited as I was to go there. I loved my stay there. Im sure that you wont be there for anywhere near as long as I was, but you will enjoy it. I know that the number of Elder and Sister missionaries as gone up a ton since last october. I wonder if that also had an effect on how many senior couples are serving. Our mission only has one senior couple but they dont work with us: They are in charge of the churches perpetual fund.  Anyways, I was very happy to hear that you would be joining me out here in the mission field. I know that you will help many people in mississippi. 

You will have to send me a letter or an email with details on all of your responsibilities next month once you have been out there for awhile. I cant wait to hear about all that you are doing. It will be very different from what I am doing I am sure, but It will still be exactly what the lord needs for you. You wont have as many rules as I do. Lucky you. I am actually very used to the rules by now so I dont mind them. In fact, they have helped me alot through my time out here. It will be weird when I finish and I have to go to normal life. I am glad that I still have 4 more months before I have to start worrying about that. 

The time passes by very quickly. You will see that once you get out there. We are just so busy as missionaries. It is the best. It is just wierd to look back and see how far I have come. By the time you leave I will be about to hit 20 months as a missionary. That is more time than you will even serve I think. (Yours is 18 months right?) But when I see all of the pictures, journal entries, and people, I cant believe that it has been that long. I am glad that I have had all of my trials and difficulties that I had throughout the first year of my mission. The second year has been full of a lot less tears, and a lot more smiles. Many better companions, the ability to communicate with ease to anyone that I need to, the success that we have had as a mission, and the changes that I have seen in so many peoples lives. So dont worry if It takes you a little to ajust to the mission, all of the struggles help so much for the rest of your time. The Lord prepares us for our final year and months, to truly become the great missionaries that he knows that we can be. 

I like saying we. I feel a sort of brotherhood knowing that you will be missionaries just like me very soon. Its about time that someone from the family joins me! I know that dallin will serve and maybe even Whitney. I will encourage her to do so once I get home and she is getting closer to 19. Your example in going out on a mission will serve them, and the rest of the younger girls, in many ways over the next 18 months. I truly support Elder Hollands statement when he said in october 2011, " Those little darlings will be just fine, and I promise you will do things for them in the service of the Lord that, worlds without end, you could never do if you stayed home to hover over them. What greater gift could grandparents give their posterity than to say by deed as well as word, “In this family we serve missions!”"

It is the truth. In this family we do serve misisons. And you 2 are the example. Thank you for always being the example. You have always helped and supported me in everything that I have ever done, but never have you supported me as much as you have in my mission. Thank you for the help that you have given me monthly that will allow me and my parents to send me off to school after the mission and not have to worry about the money, because I didnt have to spend all of mine and thiers to be here. Thank you so much. I feel so blessed. I know I have not been much of a personal writter, but I hope that you have enjoyed my weekly emails. They are written to each and every one of my family members. Anyways, thank you for everything Grandma and Grandpa Jordan. You are the best Grandparents that a Grandson could ever ask for. Good luck with your talks tomorrow. I cant wait to hear from you and know how things are in mississippi. I love you so much.

Love, Elder Comstock


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment