Sunday, October 27, 2013

Going to The "Dirty South"


Sept.14,2013

The southern part of our mission is the poorest, dirtiest, and hottest part of the mission. I spent 6 months there at the start of my mission so I can appreciate what they are doing down there. We spent the whole week down there. I actually just rolled into Tegucigalpa about an hour ago. It was a very long and fun trip. We taught 4 different training meetings to 6 different zones. We got to see all of the missionaries in the south. During the next 4 weeks we will teach the same training meeting to the remaining 11 zones in the city and east.

The training is to try to focus more on families as a mission. We had decent results last month, and ok results so far this month, but we can do much much better. What we are lacking is families. If we only are teaching kids and single people we will never baptize as many people as we possibly can. So we came up with a plan to find and baptize more families. I feel like we have some experience, I got to go to a sealing, and my companion has had 2 famlies get sealed that he taught. So we want all of the missionaries to expereince what we have experienced. They can and they will, if they will just be obident and follow the plan. We are trying really hard to have another family baptism before October 16th when Elder Quevedo goes home. 

I drove the whole trip. I have now driven to all of the zones of this mission. It feels good to get to drive for awhile. I was able to talk to my companion a lot in the car too so that was good. I think my companion was a little discouraged because we get a long and all but we are not best friends or anything. I never noticed or cared, cuz that is just how I am. I thought we were fine. But I need to work on it to help him feel good about everything in his last few weeks. He is a really good missionary. Easliy my best companion and example that I have had out here. I can tell he is not focused on going home. He is set on finishing focused and working.  Like I said, he is a great example to me. I am glad that we get another month together. 

It was a crazy week with a lot of heat, rain, work, and fun. I wish that I could tell you every little detail, but I have a lot of other things to do today since I spent all morning driving back. I feel like my Pday is never a real and complete one. It is ok though. I am still very happy. I love you family!

Love Elder Comstock




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment