Monday, October 28, 2013

Lovin the Area

Oct. 2, 2013

This was actaually a pretty normal week for us. We only went on divisions with other missionaries twice, which is rare. Usually we have to do it 3 or 4 times. We taught a training meeting twice. I got to go out and work with 2 of my good friends that came here with me, Elder Dockendorf and Elder Oveson. We enjoyed that. I had an interview with President Hernandez for our normal interviews every couple of months. It looks like I will probably be finishing my mission in my current area. That is something that we talked about. That would mean that I will end up serving a year in this ward. and 15 months in this stake. I have no complaints though. I love it.

One of the coolest parts about being in the same area so long is seeing the progression of the people. Of the members, converts, less actives, and investigators. It can also be hard sometimes, because they don´t always progress the way that we want them to. But the good thing is that tonight we will see 5 of them, and thier families, progressing in the right direction.

We have been working with the recient convert couple Ramon and Jezany. They were converts of the last APs and they were not attending church. We were working to reactivate them and get Ramon the arronic priesthood. Ramon has 2 little brothers Jair and Keny and a little cousin Jason that live with him. So when we started vistiting the kids starting wanting to go to church with us. They are 3 crazy kids. I love them though. There has been many ups and downs in our time working with this family. Today is the baptism of the 3 kids. Their older brother Ramon will baptize them. I have known Ramon since last year when he was an investigator of the other APs. He still has a long, long way to go. But this is a good step for him and for his family. The rest of his famliy is a little tough. They dont listen to us or support him much. But we hope to see them all at the baptism tonight.

We have also been working with one of my old investigators named Maria. She is 12 years old and lives in a house full of recient converts. She has wanted to get baptized since before August 2012, but her mother Pati would never give her permision to do so. She faithfully attended church meetings and mutual though for the past year. 2 weeks ago we told her mom Pati that we wanted to teach Maria every day to reveiw the lessons and help her be 100 percent ready for baptism. She said that was fine. So we have visited her every day, and taught her with her mother present. We were preparing her to be baptized today, and we would always joke with her mom about her getting baptized too, but she never said much about it. Untill thursday night when Elder Quevedo was teaching her. I was out of the area with Elder Oveson, but I got a text from my companion that said that Maria and Pati were getting baptized. To be honest, I didnt believe him. I thought that he was just joking with me. But when he got home that night he told me that it is true. That Pati decided to get baptized with her daughter. I cannot tell you how happy that made me. You have no idea how many times I have gone to her house to teach her and other members of her family. She has always listened but been hesitant to join us. She has gone to church a few times but not consistiently.  But she said that now is the time for her to join her famliy in the church. 

Anyways, I am happy. I never like to talk about baptism before they happen, because anything can happen. But Elder Jensen did all five interviews last night so it looks like every thing will go great today. I wanted to share it with you today because next saturday I wouldve forgotten. So we have 5 baptisms today. I would give all of the credit to my companion who is the best missionary in the mission and helps me always work hard, and to the Lord who has helped us have sucess in our own little area while we are spending many days and hours outside of it to serve and help the other missionries. I love you all family. Thank you for everything.


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment