Sunday, October 27, 2013

Big Day for the Mission

September 2,


This is a big day for our mission. We did not start off the month well. But if we want to finish with the results that we had hoped for for this month we must have a very large sum of baptisms this week. We have enough people with a baptismal date to break the record of baptisms in one week. We will have to do it in order to have over 200 baptisms for the 6th month in a row. I have no doubt that we will complete that. Our mission is looking to finish this month strong. and start the month of september next week a lot better than we started august. We need to be consistent. That is one of my big responsibilties as AP. To verify with the zone leaders on how many baptisms we will have every week, and every month. And to push them to reach thier goals. And it is not simply because we want to be the highest baptizing mission in central america (which we were in july). It is because we are seeking to help as many people as possible to enter into baptismal waters. I see so much potential in our mission to help even more people, so my job is to push them with higher goals in order to do so.

On wednesday we had a trianing meeting with all of the new missionaries and thier trainers. SInce June over 40 missionaries have entered the mission, so there were over 80 missionaries there. There were more sisters than elders. The meeting went well though. President Hernandez was not able to attend because he had a tooth pulled and was recovering. So Elder Quevedo and I were in charge of everything. It went really well though. I practiced teaching with the new elders. Most are from the states and are learning spanish still. I just put them on the spot and made them teach. That is the best way to learn. After that we rotated and I had the trainers with me. I did the exact same thing with them. Not because they need to practice teaching, It is so that they will practice with their new missionaries. My trainer was great and all, but he never practiced with me. I turned out ok, but imagine if we would have accelerated that process. That is what I want the new people to do. Become great teachers, and as soon as possible. I hope that they can learn from our past mistakes, and be much better missionaries than I am and the rest of my generation. 

The rest of the week was pretty normal. I will have a baptism on tuesday. Her name is Amanda. She is about 50 yrs old and has a son who is 17 named Juvinee. He has been a member for 4 or 5 years and has always wanted his mom to join him. She never really wanted to though. I actually taught her for the first time about a year ago. She is finally ready for baptism though. I am very happy about that. It has been a great experince to be in the same area that I was in a year ago. She wants to be baptized on Tuesday becaue it is her sons birthday. He will baptize her. It will be amazing. I have seen that so many people have progressed more and more towards the gospel in that time. She is one of them. There are also others that have not progressed at all in that time. They rejected the gospel the first time and their life is the same or worse than it was before. And they sill reject it. It is a sad thing.

Well I love you family. It has officially been a year since I left Guapinol and I got the the 30 for the first time. It has also been about 2 years since I opened my mission call. Crazy right? It has gone by very quickly. I have loved it though. 

Love Elder Comstock


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment