Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Holiday Season Has Begun.

Well I think you should all know how i spent my thanksgiving last thursday. I fasted. We didnt have any special food or anything so I figured Id rather eat nothing than beans and platanos on thanksgiving. But the coolest thing happend on Friday when I went on divisions with Elder Germaine in the zls area. A family there gave us leftovers from there thanksgiving. Yes I ate turkey and rolls and potates. It was great. It was lucky too. I wasnt expecting anything. But the actual day and fasting was good as well. In district meeting that morning I had my whole district bring their journals and I had them write a grateful entry. I ended up writing for 3 pages or so. You will see it when I get home i supose.
Better news. Jeny got bapized on saturday!  I dont know if I have mentioned her before in my emails, but she has been a long time investigator. I found her on my first day here in this area with Elder Ruiz. She went to church with us that first weekend and has been going to church ever since. But she had so many struggles. Lost her job, smoking cofee, bad friends, and a very difficult past. So she was not very sure about baptism for the longest time. She even told me once she was afraid of baptism just because of the cold water (it was freezing by the way) but that was just another one of her excuses. We kept working with her though to help her drop all of the bad and keep striving for the good. She has become a worthy member of the church. It was such a cool baptism. I was so happy.  You can see it in the pictures.

This week was a good week. Now we have the monster of december lurking ahead. Christmas will try to bring me down with homesickness. 5 weekends will put the preassure on to baptize a ton. My Nicaraguan comp may drive me crazy. And the accomplisment of a year in the mission will try to distract me. But im not afraid of any of those things. It is things like this on the mission that help me gain more confidence for the rest of life. I know I will be fine here in this month and if we work hard we will come out on top. I just am so grateful for all of you and your constand support out here that you give me. And dont miss me too bad with this christmas season, if your lucky you may get to see my face in less than a month ;) I love you family!

Love Elder Comstock
 We sent Jordan 25 cards for his countdown to Christmas.  Many family members, friends, former teachers and coaches wrote Jordan notes on the cards and got to open a card each day till Christmas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment