Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tegucigalpa Honduras Temple and Singing in the Rain!

Family!
 
Hey how was Denver? I bet it was a good time. I would have liked to have been with you all for the weekend. I hope I wasn´t missed or anything. I was really busy here in Honduras. Last week was crazy. And amazing
 
On friday we started to invite everyone we were teaching to a family night at president Hernadez´s house for saturday night. We had a few that said they would come, but there was one that we especially needed to come. Her name is Janet. Her husband is a member but she has other siblings that arent. We needed them to go. She has been going to church for 4 months now and still hasnt gotten baptized. She is completely ready and has been for awhile. She is just so nervouse about it. I figured president could help us with it. So on Saturday night we were at the meeting spot and it was raining like crazy and the bus was late. She hadnt gotten there yet when the bus came so I ran throught the dark rainy streets of Tegucigalpa to her house to bring her. When we got to her house she had said that it was raining so thats why she didnt go. But we got her to come and went in a taxi to presidents house. He gave a very spitual message and after that we went to the Temple!! But it was really late so we only got to drive by. We couldnt get out to take pictures. But after that I asked her about baptism and now  her and her sister are getting baptized this friday!!
 
Then there was Sunday. We had plans to go to the Temple as a ward on Sunday afternoon, so we got to go again. It was raining all day but we went anyways. We had a devotional there at the temple and I sung with Elder Moore and I played the harmonica as well. That was really cool. And then I got to take pictures with all of the families that we are teaching. They might not look that good because of all the rain, but it was an awesome activity. I finally got to see the Temple!!! It is so amazing. I am eagarly waiting for the date of the dedication. We still dont know it yet but it should be in the first third of next year. It should be amazing!!! I hope you enjoy all of the pictures. I hope you enjoy your week as well. I love you all!
 
 
Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment