Wednesday, November 14, 2012

You Say It's MY Birthday!!!!!

Good Morning Comstock Family,

Well today I woke up and decided to start celebrating my birthday. I just dont want to be too distracted tomorrow. I opened the gifts and I am very grateful for them. Thank you! Especially for the razors. I can change mine a little more often now. The  tie is a really nice tie as well. I like how there is a scripture on it. That is really cool. Also thank you for the flag. I will be hanging that in a very special place in my house later today. Thank you so much though. The presents were great. And the cutouts that you made of yourselves were also cool. I have some pictures that I will send you. Thank you for everything. I think Im gonna make the cake on thursday for our district meeting. It is Elder Moores birthday on the 9th so we will celebrate together. Today Im hoping to eat in a nice place like chilis today for lunch. 

Well we also had an amazing week last week. We had 2 more baptisms this week. You will be able to see in the pictures from the baptisms, that they are the same people that went to the temple with us a few weeks ago. They were 2 men. Marco and Juan Carlos. The both have girlfriends that are members of the church. They are both 2 of the coolest people I have baptized so far. They are actually like my friends. It was really cool teaching them. Yesterday we went to teach Marco and we ended up talking the whole time about other stuff like school and life. Im glad that Im comforatable enough in spanish to have friends in spanish now haha. But Juan Carlos speaks english too so he has been even more of a freind to me. He has had some tough times lately. He was going to get baptized on the 24th of november but he said he had an answer to a prayer last week and needed to be baptized sooner. So we did it last week. He was all ready and everything. It was a cool experience. 

On saturday morning we went and served with a bunch of other misisonaries. I chopped down a field of 6ft weeds all on my own. It was a tough job, but a goodtime with my machete. after that I molded a brick stove with mud. Elder Tarver and I made that stove look pretty. It was a cool service experience because the family that we did it for is one of the poorest that Ive seen here. and they werent home when we did it. So it was a suprise for them when they got home to their new stove and clean yard. It felt good to serve like that. Missionary work is like that as well. Anyways I am a very happy person these days out here in the mission. Thank you for all of the support that you have given me and especially the love for my birthday. I love you so much family!

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment