Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Officially a Honduran!

Well another week has flown by here in Tegucigalpa and it was another great one. First off I would like to thank madee for the package that I got on her birthday! I know I should have sent her something but Instead I got a present from you all on her birthday. Dont worry, Im not going to open the gifts untill the 5th or 6th. Thank you so much though family! It sounds like the 2 birthdays that the girls had were great. Sorry I missed them. I would have loved to have been there. I was pretty busy this week though. On Friday I was in the office and I got my residency. I officially am a resident of Honduras. I have an ID and everything so that was cool. The pakage came after that and I opened that up pretty quick. Thank you all so much!
That night we also had 2 baptisms and they were amazing. They lady from last week, Janet, and her sister, Berta got baptized. It was one of the most spiritual and amazing baptisms that I{ve had here in the mission. The coolest part was that Douglas, Janets husband, baptized her. We ordained him a priest before the baptism so that he was able to do that. and now we just have to wait until next halloween so that they can get sealed. Another great thing about the baptism was that 5 investigators came. and the Aps had 6 more. and with all of the members in our very supportive ward the room was very full. We have another baptism this friday thats coming up so that should be great as well. Then the next baptisms wont be untill the 24th of November because we are planning a big baptism with all of the missionaries in the city. That will be very exciting as well.

So I went on divisions with Elder Houston on thursday because it was his last day that he could speak english. He just hit 18 months and has decided to only speak in spanish until he finishes. I think he is crazy. I hope he is able to do that though. I dont think I would ever do that. Spanish hasnt given me too many difficulties so I dont feel like I need to. I know Im constantly improving though. I would like to be really really good by the end of this mission so maybe at some point I will go crazy lilke Elder Houston. For now Im fine.  It was a great week from the baptism and everything though. I have been writting a ton in my journal lately so we will have a nice time reading that someday when I get home. I think I will need a new one in my Christmas package. Ive been writtting a lot more here in my 2nd area.  Right now the Hermanas from my district are cooking some mexican food since they  are both from mexico so that should be great. I love you all. Have a great week!

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment