Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Valle de Angels/Good Days and Bad Days

Hey Family,

So we just got down the mountains from a place called valle de angles. Or angle valley. It was a hike and we had a very good time up there. There was a big old waterfall that we got to go see and I have a bunch of pictures but I dont have my cord to my camera so I guess I cant send them. Its ok though since I just sent pics last week. Someday you will all see my cool waterfall pictures, just not today. I also bought a hat and a few other things up there. There were a ton of gift shops so we got to look around in them. It was a great p day.

We had Interviews with President Hernandez again this week on friday and those were amazing. Usually when he intreviews us he just asks us how we are and if we need anything and stuff but friday was different. He made a cool comparison with missionaries and temples. When we get set apart it is like we are dedicated, like a temple. With time the temples get older and need to be rededicated. Thats what this interview was. To help us rededicate ourselves to the rules and working hard in the mission. Not that im a bad missionary, but we can always improve. So for the interview he asked us the temple interview questions and determined if we were worthy or not and told us to rededicate ourselves. It was really cool. Plus yesterday in church the high counsler from our ward announced that there is a date for the temple dedication, but it wont be revealed until stake conference on the 2nd weekend of november. Soon we will know the date!

As the work goes on in the mission there are always god days and bad days. I wish I could tell you that they were all good but they arent. Some times we witness heartbreaking things. I would never tell you about that stuff, but I promise you that it hurts. I try to do my best always but that doesnt ever guarentee us anything. Especially here in the city in the capital. It is very difficult compared to the south where I was before. I want to be baptizing thousands like alma but here it is difficult. I know that isnt the only measure of success but I also know that it is a good feeling to be at a baptism. I just want to see my investigators get there and they all have a few problems. We will keep working hard with them and see where we can get to. I'm hoping we arrive in the baptismal font.

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment