Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Son

 This is the letter I wrote to Jordan this week and the response he sent me...
Happy Birthday tomorrow.  I can't believe I will not get to give you a hug on your birthday. Tomorrow, your birthday, is a big day for our country but really more importantly for me it marks 20 years since all my dreams came true.  Really, my whole life all I really wanted to do was to grow up and get married and be a mom.  I remember Novemember 5, 1992 like it was yesterday.  I woke up early in the morning and went into labor.  Dad and I went to the hospital.  We spent ALL day there.  Finally at 1:11am on Nov. 6th you were born.  I remember I should have been tired that night after being in labor all day but I could not sleep.  I was SOOOO excited that I was actually a mother.  I made myself wait until 7:00am to go to the nursery to get you because I was worried the nurses would be mad if I came any sooner.  Silly of me I know.  :)  Grandma Felt and Grandma and Grandpa Hart came to see  you in the hospital.  And Grandma Jordan flew in from El Paso and helped dad and I bring you home.  When we were all getting ready to leave the hospital and bring you home grandma Jordan picked you up to carry you out of the hospital and the nurse told her she should let me, the mother, carry you out!  She was so excited and loved you so much at first sight just as dad and I did.  I bore my testimony Sunday in church and talked about how being a mother has brought me the greatest joys and the greatest sorrows my life has ever known.  You serving a mission has done that too.  Having you be in Honduras has truly brought me the greatest sorrow because I just miss you so much.  I miss being able to hug you, I miss you putting your arm around me.  I miss your laugh, and your smile.  I miss being able to talk to you.  I will miss making you breakfast tomorrow.  BUT more important than my sorrow in having you gone is my joy in you doing what is right.  You lived your entire life in a way that prepared you to do just what you are doing right now.  I have said it before and I will say it again.  There is no where else I would rather you be than in Honduras.  I KNOW that you are where the Lord wants you and doing what He has planned for you at this time in your life.  Thank you Jordan for being an example to me and to your dad and your sisters.  Remember to always follow the mission rules and listen to the Holy Ghost. If you do these things you will be safe and will bless others, us, and yourself.  I hope you have a fantastic 20th birthday.  Thank you for being the son that you are and bringing such great joy to my life.  I LOVE YOU!! MOM
The picture is of you on your blessing day.  Both grandpa Felt and Hart were there in the circle as dad gave you a name and a blessing.  It was a great day.  Grandma Comstock sent you your cute outfit.  I know your great grandpa's look after you still today.  They both loved missionary work.  :)
jordan baby.jpeg


Hey mom!

I loved your dear elder this week that I got. I also loved your presents for my birthday. I guess I will be 20 tomorrow. I should feel the exact same that I do right now. You will be ok without hugging me on my 20th bday. You have planned on not hugging me on my 20th bday since I was born anyways. You never wanted to see me on 20 AND 21 haha. I love you so much mom. I am tring to work on some letters and stuff for yall. I love you and will mis you tomorrow too! thanks for everything though!

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment