Thursday, August 2, 2012

My New Mini Missionary


Well this was definatly one of the coolest weeks i´ve had out here. I spent Monday thru Friday in Cedeño with the zls right. Elder Meyer is such a cool guy. We had such a good time down there. Those zone leaders have a lot of stuff they have to do so we spent a lot of time on buses goin around southern Honduras. Elder Meyer and I had a good time in those buses. We have some similar stories. And we had to eat this gross clam soup called cruilles and it was made in clam blood. Not my favorite food in the world. But I slept in their house in my hamock for the week so that was a good time as well.
But on Friday it was back to work. We went up to Teguc to pick up  Elder Ordóñez. He is another mini missionary from Teguc. This one is different though. Never been to an MTC, the Temple, not set apart, Is 18 years old until November, and didnt come with preach my gospel. So we have a lot to learn. It is cool though because he is willing to learn. He speaks Spanish English French and Latin so he is a really smart guy. I like it cuz we can speak in English at the House. He is a great comp so im glad I have him. I should learn alot the rest of this change. He will only be here with me until July 11th. After that, new comp again. Oh yeah another cool thing is that I met his family at the mission office. That was really cool and Ill send you the picture sometime. The computer here is rejecting my camera.
So I havent had too many results teaching lately but its really because I had a bad comp, I wasnt in the area for a week, and im learning hands on how to lead an area and basicly train. Its cool though because I will learn it. I still feel so new out here with a ton of responsibilty but I know I can do it. The APs had a capacitation this week and one of them taught an amazing lesson. It had 2 video clips that took me back to football days. The first one was Rocky 6 when Rocky says, Its not about how hard you can hit, but how many hits you can take and keep on fighting, thats how winning is done. That was one that Coach miller always showed us before the season. Its true out here. If I can get through all these tough times I will have sucess I know it. And the other video was of a football practice where the big stud on the team said that they were gonna lose that week. The coach then told him to get on the line and bear crawl with another player on his back to the 50 yrd line. The player was like, I cant do that, your crazy. But the coach told him to do it blindfolded to make sure he was giving his all. Than the coach had him crawl, and crawl and crawl. and the kid ended up going all the way to the End zone without knowing because he was blindfolded. He though he couldnt go 50 but he went 100. It was so good. It made me miss football pretty bad. But most of all it helped me realize that I dont really know my potential out here. The Lord does and thats why he gives me these trials. I might think I can only go to the 50 but He knows I can make it all the way. Wow football is so legit. I learned so many other lessons out there that have helped shape me into the missionary and man I am becoming. The coaches were so right when they said we would miss it. It was such an amazing expirence. It has helped me so much though and I am grateful for it. Feel free to Forward this to coach Hux, Miller, Miller, or anyother coach whose Email you have. So that they know I apreciate all they did. Thanks.
Ok last thing. I am a straight up tarantula hunter. I have found 3 in my house in the last 2 weeks and I always catch them and kill them. It is scketchy because they are huge and I dont know if they are dangerous. But I dont want them in my house so I have to catch them. My comps are too scared to catch them so I have to. It is cool though because I am their master. It has been a good week as you can tell. I hope to find more success in the work this week and the rest of this change, but I am enjoying my mission just so you know. I love it! Love you all too. Happy fathers day yesterday Dad, Grandpa J, and Grandpa C.
Love Elder Comstock

Thank you for sending me this letter.  It couldn't have come at a better time.  I really appreciate it.  Jordan is a special young man and I am glad to see he is doing so well. 
Thanks again!


Skyler 



:
I have told you this before... I know winning is important to a coach but to a mother of a former player of yours there was much more taught on the football by field by you.  Jordan has mentioned football before in previous letters about how hard some of the work and service he does is and how football helped to teach him to work hard.  But this letter I thought was REALLY good and he asked me to forward it to you.  I am looking for Carter's address so I can forward it to him too.  Thank you again for the time you spend with these boys.  You DO make a difference!!!!!  Becky


Date: Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM




                                                                  THE SOUP!!!





                                                                         You did it!!!
                                              Jordan's new mini missioanary and his family.


                                                    Taking Elder Ordonez to Monjaras.


                                                              



.

























Show details

No comments:

Post a Comment