Thursday, August 2, 2012

Raccoons and Scorpians But the Work Still Goes On.

Dear Comstock Family Reuinon,
I know that I send this to Mom Dad and sisters but I knowing my wonderful mother she will be sharing this with the whole reuinon. That is fine though. First off I´m sorry I couldnt attend. I have some other obligations here. But I think you all understand! I had a crazy week so I will just tell you about it.


So here is what happens when you dont pay the light bill. They cut the cords to your power outside of your house. I was waiting on some money that I will get today to pay the lights but I waited too long so they cut our power. I didnt want to wait but with my mini missionary I didnt have enough so I was waiting. I called our landlord and he said not to worry and he would be there the next day. So he showed up the next day and cut the rubber off the wires and stuck them together with tape. There were some serious sparks. It looked very dangerous, but he was not scared or anything. Im sure he had done it before. After he fixed it for us the lights worked. I had to go pay them with all that I had so I had to take some money out from home to survive. It was necessary. But no need to worry the lights are back on and we are good. It was a little lesson on paying the bills on time.


Other cool part about this week was the animals I ran into. In Guapinol there was a racoon. I guess they live in the trees somewhere or something. It was a pet racoon though so we were talking to the owner and playing with it. That was fun until it climbed up my body and tried to bite me. Dont worry it didnt get me. The owner said it didnt bite but It was tryin to get me haha. The next day we found a scorpion in our bathroom. That was a little scary. My comp decided to light a candle and spray bug spray on the candle to burn the scorpion. It was like a flamethrower. The scorpion caught on fire and died. I think I was more afraid of the scorpion than the tarantulas. Also yesterday we found a giant frong living in a little shed we have in our backyard. That was a nice little suprise. We just swept it right out of there.


Now to the missionary part of what Im doing. We always have to Abrir la boca. Which means open the mouth. It is basicly contacting and we have to contact a certian amout of people each day. It does not work very well to tell the truth. The baptisms I have found are mostly all references and family of members. But we do it anyway. On Saturday we went to this group of people on the poarch and asked them if we could share a message with them. Natrualy half of them left but the ones that stayed were the kids and thier Grandmother. We talked to them and some of the kids were already baptized and inactive. The grandmother and one of the kids was not. They had gone to church months ago but missionaries stopped visiting them for some reason. We taught them a lesson and challenged the grandmother and the kid to  be baptized this Saturday. They said yes. It was the first time in 4 months out here that Abrir la Boca worked for me. I sometimes just want to look for references all day but I know Abrir la Boca is something I need to do as well. Especially with this expierence. We have a couple other baptisms for this weekend as well so I will work hard this week to prepare them all for Saturday.


I will be celebrating on Wednesday the 4th with my ZL from the US and I will be celebrating my 6 month mark. yeah I know 6 months already. It has happened fast and I know it will keep going faster. I am taking advantage of all the time I have. Have a wonderful week together as a family. I dont think I realized how much I loved spending time with you all until I was put here in the mission. Now I cant. But it is only temporary. I will be back. Take advantage of that time together because oneday when you cant be there you will miss it. I love you all so much. Thank you so much for all of the support you have given me through the years and through this mission.





Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment