Saturday, August 4, 2012

Stake Conference

Dear Family,
Well we will be entering August pretty soon so you know what that means. School!! exciting for all of you. You still have a couple more weeks to enjoy your free time though so enjoy them. Im sure that time before school starts will go by much faster for me than it does for you. These weeks are flying these days. Ever since I became Senior comp after Guillen left everything has gone by alot faster because I have had alot more to worry about. It is tough but it keeps me busy. The preassure is on though to get a few baptisms before the end of this change on Aug 22. No one is ready but they could be by then. I just want to have a baptism for my kid elder Castillo.


Yesterday was a good little Sunday. It was district conference. Pretty much stake conference for them. We had to wake up before 530 to get to guapinol to invite and everything before 8 because at 8 we left in a bus full of about 100 people for the big stake center in choluteca. It was very fun to see so many members come out for the conference. It seems like members back home find excuses not to go to stake conference and attenend every other week while members here dont go until the confernce. We had doble the attendance than normal Sunday meetings. I cant tell if it is the work ive been doing with elder castillo or just the fact that it was a conference. Either way we will take it.


This change is kind of hard sometimes. It is harder to find new people cuz ive been here so long. It is also easier to just want to spend time with the people I already have grown to love and not look for new people because ive been here so long. I have some good friends down there in good old Guapinol and I like to be with them. Sometimes with them it is better to just spend time with them than teach big lessons on the scriptures because they are not as educated. I just do what I can for them, even if it isnt the typical missionary lesson. The important thing is that they know we care, and that they know God does too.


I love you all very much. Have a good little week.


The lush greenery of the coast of Honduras.




                                              AHHH!!! The comforts of home!!!!


                                                     LOVE this picture of my HANDSOME boy!!
Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment