Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference and Eggs Golden Rod

Conference was great wasnt it!

I really really enjoyed it. We started off early saturday with 45 eggs boiling for the eggs golden rod. The pictures tell the story, but I will share a little more details for you. I boiled the eggs first and was waiting awhile until the zls came with the milk. When the got there we begun the sauce and at first it seemed like 12 cups of milk was not going to fit into the pot. It barely fit though so we were ok. stirring it I spilled over the edge a bunch though. We toasted 3 loaves of bread. It ended up feeding over 20 missionaries because a few of my friends from another zone joined us. I had such a good time doing it though because I was sort of like being home... at least it tastes like home haha.

Conference was amazing though, I missed the big announcement because I was finshing up in the kitchen but a few elders quickly ran in and told me what had happened. It was a big deal for us as missionaries. We will be seeing many sisters in the mission field in the comming months. It will help us a lot I am sure. I really enjoyed Elder Nelsons talk on saturday. with many common questions he stated, ask the missionaries, they can help you. I hope that the rest of the world has that kind of confidence in us. I was happy to hear that at least elder Nelson does. In the afternoon before the priesthood session I was able to eat at chilis. It was soooo good. Chips and salsa ranch like home. I had to mix my own though because they had never heard of it. I had a big old burger and that was so american. It was a great meal. In the preisthood session on sat we had to watch it in spanish. I understood it but I still didnt learn as much as I would have liked to. It took more concentrating on the words than the message. We had the rest of the sessions in english.

Sunday started off with my comp and some other elders helping an old frail man who had recently been baptized up some stairs into conference. It was a cool site. I hope you like that picture. We got behind on sunday morning because the internet wasnt working but we ended up seening all of the talks and ending late. Elder Hollands talk was very powerful. He had given that same talk more or less about 2 years in the MTC so I had seen a tape of it many times as a missionary, but I guess he felt the entire church needed to hear that message. It is very true. I just dont ever want to end up like Peter with the Lord asking my Why are we still here? I dont ever need to go back to the old nets I left behind at home, so I wont. President Monsons talk was amazing as you all know. I want to be able to follow promptings like he does. It can be hard to dicern between a prompting and a thought sometimes though. I just do my best out here. The 3000 youth in KC was also very inspiring. I like to know that the youth in the church have that kind of faith. The future is bright. Especially with the missionary work. I´ll just keep doin what im doin out here and wait for the thousands of new missionaries to flood the field. I´m excited to see it. I love you all very much. Have a great week.

Love Elder Comstock

































oh and ps. I didnt have changes. Im still with elder ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment