Sunday, October 7, 2012

Another week has gone by...
It has been a pretty good one for me in the city. The highlight of my new area is the members without a doubt. We have been visiting them and talking to them a lot about the temple to get them excited and invite their friends and family to hear the Gospel. It has worked pretty well as we found 14 new investiagators this week. We only have 2 planned for baptism so far but we have found some really cool people. Plus Elder Falobela from the quorm of the 70 once told us that if we find every day, we can baptize every weekend. This week we found every day except pday so it was close. If we keep finding we will baptize though.
I had a cool expierence yesterday with an Investigator. Her name is Jeny. On saturday night we were trying to teach her a lesson about the Gospel and when we got to repentance it became a lesson on repentance only. About how God wants us to do good stuff and Satan wants us to do bad stuff. She was a little unsure about everything but then she came to church yesterday and in gospel principles class the teacher was talking about the same thing and she was like woah.. This all makes sense. And after she was telling me she felt something in the class and I explained that means its right to be here. So she is doing very well right now. Struggles with cigarettes and alchol but I know she can change if we keep helping her to feel the spirit.
So mom had some questions so I will answer them for my email...
1. Do you study now in the morning and then go out? We are on a totally normal schedule. Study in the morning, lunch, work all afternoon, dinner, work, at 9 we go home and plan. Just like every missionary in the world, except for those in guapinol..
2. Are the people as nice in the city? Do you get fed as many meals? (we noticed you have been to a few fast food joints.) :) Maybe you'll put on a few pounds You have been looking so thin in your pictures. The people in the city are not as nice as in the south. They are a lot more modern and a lot less friendly. But there are still good people here. Especially the members of my ward
3. What is your apartment like in the city? We have a tiny apartment with a room with our desks, and then the closet and bedroom and kitchen are all kind of mixed. The bathroom is connected to the back of the house. We have to shower with a bucket of water and pour it on our heads with a bowl because the water only comes every 3 days or so. So we dont have a shower.
4. Is the weather the same in the city? Or is it cooler? It is definetly cooler. I am not as sweaty here. It is still hot, but not as miserable as the south.
5. After being there for 2 weeks now do you miss Guapinol or do you like it there? I really like it here. I cant complain about anything. Guapinol feels like a distant dream. I cant believe it all happened to tell you the truth.
6. What was the painting of that you purchased from the guy that paints? I havent bought anything yet. It is like 75 dollars or so, so i dont know if I want to spend that much money right now.
7. Do you miss seminary? I miss seminary a little, but I also dont miss how lazy the kids were. My last month or 2 I was really struggling to get people to show up every day. It was very challenging.
8. Is it just you and your comp Elder Ruiz in your apartment or do you live with others? It is just the 2 of us, but we share an area with the APs. They live by the mission office, but they are with us in the ward every sunday and we have eaten together as well. They arent always in the area though because they have a ton of other responsibilities.
9. Have you felt safe while you have been there? Would you tell me if you hadn't? Dont worry about it. Do you have faith in the promises that the scriptures say for missionaries in Doctrine and Covenants? If yes then dont worry about me at all.
10. Is there a place for your hammock in your apartment? Not really. Im gonna try to cram it in.

Lets finish with a nice little story from last night. We had a family night with a member family and we were talking about the temple again, but instead of just teaching about the temple I started to share how I felt aobut the temple. From my whole life growing up and going to st. George every now and then. Then she started to share how she felt about them as well and it was very spiritual. It is cool here how many active members there are and how many have been to the Temple. It will be a good time here getting ready for the Temple. The sad thing is the Bishop told me yesterday that it may not be done until March now. At least ill still be here. I love you all. Have a great week.

Love Elder Comstock
Jordan's Apartment in the city.

 I guess this is his pantry.  He said they have a hard time keeping milk because the electricity is so unreliable.  I am sure he really misses cereal!.  But I guess he has a toaster and poptarts!





Look who Jordan ran into in the city.  He is pretty excited to be able to find fast food everywhere!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So fun Becky, love to read Jordan's blog and the questions and answer section was fun. I like that idea. Have a good day. Kim

    ReplyDelete