Saturday, September 8, 2012

ONLY IN SPANISH

Crazy week.
I really did only speak spanish all week and it was very difficult and I will tell you why. Normally I only see Elder Meyer on Mondays and Thursdays, so those are about the only days I have chances to speak English. But this past week we were together for at least a few min every single day. Plus many other white guys that speak english. It made it pretty tough. Its because Wednesday we had to practice a song for a zone conference we had on Thursday. And then on Friday I had to go to Teguc with Meyer to get papers started for our residence. And that made it so we were together on Saturday. It would have been a very fun time speaking English with him but speaking spanish with him just isnt the same. So it was tough.
The good thing is that I made it. And from there we got another blessing of a dinner with president Hernandez and his wife last night. So we went to Teguc again yesterday but this time with the whole zone from the good job we did back in July as a zone. It was a very good time. We ate steak and chicken that we grilled at presidents house. Yeah his house isnt quite like Guapinol. We had a good time with them. He made a few jokes about how long Ive been in Guapinol but I figure that he will take me out from what he said. We will just have to find out tomorrow! But we also had a good time last night after the dinner. President showed us a slideshow of his pictures from his life, his wifes life, and the lives of his 2 sons and daughter. It was cool to get to know his family a little better. His 2 sons served missions in Salt lake and here in Teguc Honduras (because they are origanly from El Salvador). And his daughter is actually my age and at BYU Idaho. I really like our mission prez. It was good to spend time with him.
So yeah I might just be about finished in Guapinol this week. Tomorrow could be the last day. It has definatly snuck up on me with all the conferences and trips to Teguc and everything. But you already know how I feel about it so Im just gonna stop talking about it and see what happens.
Plus I have a cool story. So Lexie Gatherum has been writting me since Ieft and about a month ago she went on a cruise to Mexico. She saw a waiter that was from Honduras and talked to him and said she had a friend In Honduras. The continued to talk every now and then throughout the cruise and on the last day he left her his number and said to have me give him a call. So she sent me his number and on Tuesday of this week I was finaly able to give him a call. We talked for about half and hour about his work on a cruise ship, Lexie and her family, the mission and the church. The only bad part is he is up in San Pedro Sula. I sent his name and number to the missionaries in that mission today though so hopefully they will contact him quickly. He was very interested in the church so we will see what will happen. I will have to call him in a couple of weeks again to see how he is.
Yep good times here in the mission. Difficult week only in spanish, but I did it and im proud. I love you all and hope school is going great. I hope you had a fantastic day, and we will see where im Emailing you from next week.
Love Elder Comstock.


P.S. I got a letter from madee, mom, and dad on the same day this week. Score! Thank you!



I just LOVE how happy Hermana Hernandes is!!  What a great mission mother she is.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment