Saturday, September 8, 2012

Back to School For the Family. The Work Continues Here.

I guess Jordan can find his name all over the world!!!

Add caption









 Jordan is doing so many things he never even imagined he would do.  Things like riding in a small boat and many buses through a foreign country to get to the mission home. 
Back to school!
Good luck with that this week. Im sorry that your summer has come to an end. I hope you all enjoyed the little time you had off and are ready for another school year. Whits last! I cant even imagine her as a senior in high school. I will have to imagine it though since I wont ever actually see it haha. Well its all here in Honduras. I have a goal this week not to speak any english. It is actually really hard because all of the gringos like to speak english on Pday. So today has been difficult, but I havent said anything yet and the rest of the week will be alot easier. Im just trying to put in more effort out here. So what if I can teach in spanish and read and stuff. I want to be able to comminacate faster. The truth is I want to think first in spanish, and if that means forgeting english, its fine. I think it would be funny if I went home and had forgotten some stuff. But if I talk all pday in English and every other time I see gringo elders I wont get better at spanish, ill just be stuck where Ive been for about the last 2 months with the language. Anyways, next Sunday will be my next conversation in English.
 
 
The work in Guapinol is a little hard right now. We had a bunch of baptisms for this past saturday and noone got baptized. They all say they still want to but random stuff came up with all of them. Im afraid this Saturday coming up may be my last weekend in Guapinol so I need to do something to get these people in the water. The prayers this week would be apreciated.
 

My comp Castillo is doing pretty good as well. It is cool to see him come into himself as a missionary. I really try to give him a good example. It is hard to maintain a really high perfect missionary standard over a long period of time. I hope he can get good habits now starting off. He will always be my hijo en la misión. I need to have good posterty I guess it is possible that I train again sometime but it isnt a guarentee. So I am trying to do everything I can right now. Especially if this really is my last week here with him. I really dont like to think about the possiblity of changing out of Guapinol in 9 days but it pops in my mind all of the time. hopefully I can put it away and make the best of this week. I love you so much. Have a good first week of school! Enjoy it!
 

Love Elder Comstock

No comments:

Post a Comment