Saturday, September 8, 2012

Changes













Beloved Family,
Well the changes happened. I am currently in a stake center in downtown Tegucigalpa. Yeah it was a big change. My new area is called 30 de Julio. It is a ward in la estaca Esperanza. My zone is right here by the mission office and presidents house and everything. We have every fast food resturant you can think of outside of this chapel. So there it is. Guapinol is over. I would be sad about it but the thing is I am too busy in my new area to think about it. My new companion is Elder Ruiz and he is from Guatemala. He is pretty new, only has 3 months or so in the mission.  I like him alot though. We should do some good things here in la 30.
I also got a new calling in the mission. Im a District Leader now. My district is a little wierd too. I have the AP´s in my district, as well as the ZL´s and another area. So its a cool district. I taught my first district meeting this past thursday. I also did my first baptismal Interview on Friday. That was a very cool experience as well. District leader isnt anything too different. I just have to call my district everynight and see what they did in the day. I have to teach a class every thursday. And I have to do baptismal interviews for the Elders in my district. I also have to do all of the normal stuff in my area. It should make me more busy, which should make the time go by even faster.
My area is nice though. We had church in a ward this Sunday. It was nice to not have to talk, and bless sacrament, and teach classes all sunday. I just attended church. Then in the afternoon I was actually able to work. Ive met some really cool families that have more than 20 years in the church so they are solid. Its a different place than Guapinol. One of them is a painter and he showed me some of his stuff. I ask him to paint me something because it was really cool. And we are focusing on the Temple with everyone. With member visits, with less actives, with investigators. We are getting them excited about the Temple because at the end of this year or the first of the next year it will be here! They still dont have a date yet but that should be comming soon. and now that Im in the city I can focus more about it. It really is exciting for these people. Well its exciting for me as well.
Sounds like everything is goin great with the first couple of weeks of school and everything.  I love you all!
Love Elder Comstock

                                   Elder Comstock and his new companion Elder Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment